Enjoy a Holiday with your Four-legged Friends
We are delighted to have been awarded Best Pet-Friendly Hotel for Argyll and Lomond in the Scottish Hotel Awards, 2018.
Knockderry House is a dog-friendly hotel with four dog-friendly rooms. You and your best friend can relax in the hotel’s reception rooms (not including the restaurant) with your dog and have a delightful small dining room in which you can dine with your furry friend by your side.
To book your dog-friendly stay, please contact us directly either by email or by phone on 01436 842283. Please note not all our rooms are suitable for dogs and we only have 4 dog-friendly rooms – a Master, a King, a Standard Double and a Small Double.
The house is surrounded by stunning coastal walks and forest paths, energising hill walks and open countryside, perfect for a wide range of dog walks including some just by the hotel. If you would like to see some of the walks available, have a look at our Dog Walking Blog.
Our pet package
We charge a small daily supplement of £10.00 per night for one dog and £15.00 per night for two and provide you with a few doggie niceties, including:
- a list of all the best walks in the area
- a few doggy treats
- a water bowl and a towel
- and we can supply dog food on request
Should you wish to go out for a few hours and leave your dog behind, we can provide you with details of local dog walkers. Alternatively, if you only intend to be out for a short time and need to leave your dog unattended, we can, on request, supply a large soft dog crate. We do however request that you do not leave your dog unattended in your room outwith a crate.
There is a water station outside the hotel on the terrace and we have some doggie washing facilities – for a quick spruce up after a particularly muddy walk or swim in the loch!
Rosie is a great hosts and looks forward to welcoming you to Knockderry House.
Please note that we only allow a maximum of four dogs to stay at any one time in the hotel to ensure the comfort of all staying. We ask that you remember that some guests are allergic to pets and some guests may be frightened of dogs. We encourage all well behaved dogs and subscribe to the Kennel Club rules for Petiquette.
Terms and Conditions of Stay
- No more than two small dogs or one medium-sized dog per room.
- For the benefit of other guests staying we operate a ‘No Bark’ policy – if your dog is unsettled or is causing a disturbance to other guests we may request that you do not leave it unattended at any time.
- Should you wish to leave your dog in your room unattended for a short duration, we request that you use a suitable crate or cage. The hotel has a range of soft crates which can be hired for a modest fee.
- Dogs are not allowed on the beds or on the furniture.
- Any damage caused by your dog will be your responsibility to make good.