Enjoy a Holiday with your Four-legged Friends
Knockderry House is a pet and dog-friendly hotel with four dog-friendly rooms. You can relax in the hotel’s reception rooms (not including the restaurant) with your dog and from Summer 2017 we will offer you a delightful small dining room in which to dine with your furry friend by your side.
The house is surrounded by stunning coastal walks and forest paths, energising hill walks and open countryside, perfect for a wide range of dog walks including some just by the hotel. If you would like to see some of the walks available, have a look at our Dog Walking Blog.
Our pet package
We charge a small daily supplement of £10.00 per night for one dog and £15.00 per night for two and provide you with a few doggie niceties, including:
- a list of all the best walks in the area
- a few doggy treats
- a water bowl and a towel
- and we can supply dog food on request
Should you wish to go out for a few hours and leave your dog behind, we can assist you in finding a dog walker or dog sitter. We can supply a large soft dog crate, on request, if you need to leave your dog in your room unattended for a short while.
There is a water station outside the hotel on the terrace and we have some doggie washing facilities – for a quick spruce up after a particularly muddy walk or swim in the loch!
Molly and Rosie are great hosts and look forward to welcoming you to Knockderry House.
To book your dog-friendly stay, please contact us directly either by email or by phone on 01436 842283 as not all our rooms are suitable for dogs. Please note that we only allow a maximum of four dogs to stay at anyone time in the hotel to ensure the comfort of all staying. We ask that you remember that some guests are allergic to pets and some guests may be frightened of dogs.
Terms and Conditions of Stay
- No more than two small dogs or one medium-sized dog per room.
- For the benefit of other guests staying we operate a ‘No Bark’ policy – if your dog is unsettled or is causing a disturbance to other guests we may request that you do not leave it unattended at anytime.
- Should you wish to leave your dog in your room unattended for a short duration, we request that you use a suitable crate or cage. The hotel has a range of soft crates which can be hired for a modest fee.
- Dogs are not allowed on the beds or on the furniture.
- Any damage caused by your dog will be your responsibility to make good.