Join our Hogmanay House Party 2016
From Saturday 31st December 2016 to Monday 2nd January 2017, this a two-night Dinner, Bed & Breakfast break, including Champagne reception, five-course Hogmanay Dinner and Ceilidh.
Hogmanay is the highlight of the winter season at Knockderry Country House and as such our rooms are booked up quite quickly. To ensure your reservation we recommend that you book as soon as possible.
31st December 2016
Check in is from 3.00 pm then relax in the drawing room meeting fellow house guests before joining us for our Hogmanay Party. The reception starts from 6.30 pm with a glass of champagne and some canapés served in the gallery to get you in the mood!
Colin, our House Piper, will pipe us into dinner after which our regular ceilidh band will guide us through a range of Scottish dances and reels until the wee hours. Our First Foot Supper is served just after midnight.
Dress is black tie, kilts or mess kit for the gentlemen and evening dress for ladies.
1st January 2017
After a relaxed start, spend the day with a traditional New Year’s Day walk or for the hardy a visit to Rhu Marina to either watch the traditional Ne’er Day swim or join fellow ‘dippers’ taking to the sea…Chilly! New Year’s Day brunch is a tradition at Knockderry House and the perfect preparation before a bracing walk in the sea loch air.
Brunch is served from 10 am – 3 pm.
Dinner is served in the Restaurant from 6.30 pm.
2nd January 2017
A full Scottish Breakfast is served from 08.30 – 10.00 am and then fond farewells and memories of your New Year celebrations.
All our rooms have been recently refurbished & are all individually designed. Due to the age of the building, some rooms are slightly smaller than others so are priced accordingly. Rates are based on two people sharing a double room for 2 nights and will include all the above.
Additional wrap around nights are also available to extend your stay. These are based on a Bed and Breakfast and are available for the 30th December 2016 and the 2nd January 2017, these rates are shown in brackets. All prices include VAT @ 20%.
- Library Suite – A private luxury suite of two rooms comprising of a sitting room, overlooking the loch and private bedroom with a king size bed and ensuite bathroom : £890.00 (Wrap Around Rate: £195.00 per night)
- Master Bedrooms – 4 Poster Rooms with views over the loch with luxury roll top baths : £790.00 (Wrap Around Rate: £175.00 night)
- King Rooms – Garden facing with king size beds, views to the front of the hotel and ensuite rooms. £720.00 (Wrap Around Rate: £135.00 per night)
- Standard Rooms – Situated in the main house with side facing views, standard double beds and ensuite bathrooms: £650.00 (Wrap Around Rate: £120.00 per night)
- Wee Doubles – Smaller double rooms but with standard double beds and ensuite shower rooms: £590.00 (Wrap Around Rate: £95.00 per night)
Should you require single occupancy then please contact us for a personalised rate.
Terms and Conditions of Booking
- A 50% deposit is required at time of booking.
- Payment in full is required by 1st December 2016.
- All payments are non-refundable.
- Please note that there is a 2.5% service charge on all payments made by credit cards and 4.5% on AMEX.
- We recommend holiday insurance to cover unavoidable cancellations.
- For further details or to book your Hogmanay Break, please call us on 01436 842283.
Our menus will be finalised a few months in advance of the event, however if you have any specific dietary requirements we would be grateful of some early notification.