How to get here
We recommend you follow our directions and use our map to find us. Some Sat Nav systems are known to take the wrong route and can add 30 minutes to your journey.
From Glasgow and the M8:
- On leaving the airport take the M8 signposted towards Greenock and the Erskine Bridge.
- Cross the Clyde via the Erskine Bridge and take the A82 North, towards Loch Lomond and Crianlarich.
- Remain on the A82 ignoring signs for Helensburgh until with Loch Lomond Golf Course on your right, you reach the signpost for ” A817 to Garelochhead” where you turn left up the hill.
- You remain on this for 10 minutes and reach a small roundabout with signs left to Faslane (ignore) and right to Coulport (take this option). This option runs for a mile and reaches another small roundabout- follow the signs for Coulport again.
- Some 4 miles later you reach a crossroads marked ‘accident blackspot’ where you turn left and follow the signs for the hotel, down to the Loch and left along the shore for a mile and a half.
- It is 36 miles from the airport and on a reasonable day it takes about 45 minutes or so.
Any difficulties please ring us on 01436 842283.
You can also download our PDF map (PDF) or click on the Google map below.
You can cross the Clyde Estuary by ferry, bringing you just down the road from Knockderry House. Please find details of the ferry timetable at this link.
There are also buses operating from Helensburgh, the nearest train station, with buses travelling to Cove and area. The current timetable is available at this link.
If you require car hire for your trip to Knockderry House, you can make a booking through Arnold Clark.
Arnold Clark operate one of the UK’s largest car rental and van rental fleets, with over 35 branches nationwide and coverage in every major town and city in Scotland.
We can arrange airport transfers for you. Contact the hotel and we will make the arrangements and provide you with a quote.
We will need your flight number and arrival time.
On arrival you should make your way from the main terminal to the pick up point opposite the terminal where your transport will meet you.